Elyce is an experienced Visual Merchandising and Retail Design professional. She creates and implements compelling displays, props, and retail environments, with 10 years’ experience in retail and creative services. Elyce also has a skilled background in procurement and vendor relations. Her main-focus is in the corporate level, working with creative teams on the development and sourcing side of visual displays and retail environments. No project is too big, or too small, and she has been recognized for her ‘own it’ attitude and ‘figure it out’ approach to tackling complex issues. She is never afraid of getting her hands dirty and stepping out of her comfort zone. Due to this, throughout her career, owners and executives have chosen her to work on numerous high-level projects outside of her normal job duties.
- Visual Merchandising
- Fixture, Mannequin & Prop Sourcing and Development
- Installation, New Store Openings, and Window Displays
- Event Planning and Styling
- Visual Interior Display Sourcing and Styling
Retail Design & Development Project Supervisor
Forever 21 HQ
- Sourced, developed and purchased fixtures, displays, mannequins and props for all stores globally.
- Carefully tracked WIP to ensure projects are on time through development & production process.
- Collaborated with Retail Interior Designers, Visual Merchandisers, Graphic Designers, Marketing, and other creative departments to establish and maintain an efficient work- flow system that best suited the internal design/sourcing needs of the company.
- Produced an accurate allocation for each store by evaluating store performance/design, ensuring all distributions meet timed launch dates and capacity needs.
- Monitored/analyzed budget expenditures to provide the cost benefit analysis, including in-house vs. outsourcing costs for Retail Visual Display budget, in order to drive future sourcing/allocation decisions.
Visual Sourcing & Procurement Coordinator
Forever 21 HQ
- Established design direction with multiple business partners on materials and finishes for display elements, small fixtures, signage and mannequins.
- Prepared a detailed spec pack of every item for CEO review and approval. Packs included design details, vendor quotes, budgets, etc.
- Created and coordinated documents and packets that outlines information to other teams and vendors to execute rollouts and launches.
- Ensured a consistently high standard in sales and service, visual merchandising, profitability, operations and loss prevention.
- Recruited, trained, developed and maintained department staffing requirements to support forecasted sales.