Jamar is originally from Toledo, OH where he got his start in merchandising before he moving NYC in 2008 to further his career in fashion. He attended Parson's The New School for Design where he studied the basics of fashion design but ended up switching his focus to merchandising and marketing. Jamar's background covers trend forecasting, fashion styling, visual merchandising, and product placement and development. He has work with a plethora of brands like Nike, Agnes B, Zadig & Voltaire, Burberry, and Saks OFF 5TH just to name a few. He prides himself in his knowledge of sustainability and is serious about making a conscious effort to lead change in footprint that fashion leaves on the environment.
New Store Openings & Resets
Retail Management & Operations
NIKE - Freelance Project Lead
•Visual display and set up of showroom with retail collections for various retailers sea
• Creative showroom displays and that represent the Nike brand.
• Overseeing and supporting sample editing of women's, kids, men's and accessory athletic collection's.
• Prop and sample organization.
ULLA JOHNSON - Freelance Retail Operations Support
• Provides support with daily operations and special projects as needed for Corporate Retail team.
• Assists in inventory cycle counting and management.
• Packing and shipping of web order purchases.
BURBERRY - Freelance Corporate Visual Merchandiser
• Visual display and set up of showroom with Fall 2017 Holiday and 2018 Resort retail collections.
• Displayed set-ups based on directives set in London Showroom.
• Supported sample editing of women's, kids, men's and accessories collection's.
• Prop and sample organization.
SAKS OFF 5TH - New Store Opening Visual Merchandising Manager | North America
• Accountable for timely new store openings and renovations within their US & Canada: reviewing orders, partnership with vendors and installers, hiring consultation of visual associates, store training of visual standards, completion of opening on budget.
• Successfully opened ten new freestanding and mall adjacent Saks OFF 5th retail stores in US and Canada.
• Cultivated partnerships with the Regional Vice President and Director of Stores Presentation to create an inviting and dynamic shopping environment.
• Provided specific recap direction for store teams and ensuring the consistent implementation of all Visual merchandising initiatives and standards.
• Development of design, prototyping, sourcing, and directing dimensional collateral and propping for all in store visual initiatives in designated families of business.
AGNES B - Freelance Visual Merchandising Consultant
• Visual Merchandising and display upkeep on monthly basis.
• Train and support store team in the planning and supervision of store flips and regular merchandising needs.
• Organization and design of window installations and management for three NYC locations.
• Design and management of special projects for marketing office, pop up shops, and in-store events.
ZADIG & VOLTAIRE - Corporate Merchandiser / Visual Manager | North America
• Organized opening visual strategies for 20 locations North American Market (US & Canada)
• Maintaining close collaboration with Managing Director, Operations Manager and Paris based visual teams.
• Providing timely merchandise directives for new product launches and merchandising initiatives to ensure global standardization in North America.
• Analyzed past and current sale figures to forecast future sales volumes while overseeing sales events.
• Delivered weekly to bi-weekly floor moves, window installations, and mannequin styling to all doors.
• Designed staff training program; conducted store visits and trained staff in updated visual merchandising standards
• Travel 75% of time throughout US and Canada to implement merchandising direction and ensure visual presentation is to standard and global merchandising guidelines. Notable Achievements
• Travel to Paris to attend managers meeting and visual merchandising workshops.
• Promoted from sales stylist to merchandising and visual coordinator within the year and half of initial hiring.
• Effectively conducted store visits to train staff in merchandising standards and merchandising adjacencies; ensured merchandising standards were addressed and maintained at company standards globally.
• Facilitated cross-functional meetings to ensure visual merchandising and stock replenishment departments were working in tandem to achieve company sales goals.